Gone are the days when looking glamorous meant suffering in silence while wearing high heels. Today, more and more style stars are opting for comfort along with style and sneakers have quickly become a new favorite go-to pair of shoes for many. If you’re looking for a pair that you can add to your collection or if, like me, you’re just getting into this whole being a sneakerhead thing, check out these sneaker styles to cop for spring.
- Velvet sneakers – velvet sneakers are the perfect transition shoes from glam heels to street style sneakers. These have a full on street vibe while still maintaining that fashionista-esque vibe about you. If you’re looking for something just as comfy but more dressed up than your velvet slip-ons, slides, or mules, this is it.
- Platform sneakers – channel your inner Spice Girl with platform sneakers. These shoes are making a comeback and we’re loving all the classic styles and the ones with a more modern twist! This sneaker style is perfect for petite girls who can’t leave home without that added height boost. It’s a great and much more comfortable alternative for heels, too!
- Shimmery sneakers – sneakers that shimmer in the sun are all the rage these days. Whether you get the shimmer and the sparkles from glitters, studs, rhinestones, or whatnot doesn’t matter as long as you’re rocking a pair that you are comfortable with. It doesn’t have to be blindingly shiny and shimmery though we won’t say no to such a pair.
- White sneakers – a little too tricky to maintain but definitely worth it if you’re the type who enjoys minimalistic styles and looks that are made of simple, basic pieces yet have a strong, stylish vibe to it. There are tons of pretty popular pure white sneakers styles from famous brands but you’ll find more affordable options online, too.
- Knit sneakers – thanks to Kanye’s Yeezy line, knit sneakers quickly became a thing and and are now one of the most sought-after styles in sneakers for ladies who want to look extra dressy despite a very casual and laidback outfit.
- Old school classics – for the true blue sneakerhead babes out there, a few pairs of the classics added to your collection surely won’t hurt. Cop a pair of the retro Jordans if you can or go for something even more classic like a pair of high cut Converse All Stars. Choose your pair and finish up your look with it.