There’s no denying that summer is one of the most fun seasons. A lot of fashionistas out there wait for summer more than any other season just because getting dolled up and looking chic is so much more fun and easier since this season is all about getting bold and playful. Of course, no summer wardrobe is complete without fun, classy, and quirky prints and, if you’ve been keeping up with the trends, you know that print mixing is a thing right now. Here are a few tips on how you can take your prints to the next level.
- Choose colorful contrasts – when it comes to choosing prints for summer mixing and matching, I would highly suggest going for colorful contrasts. If you love creating fun, statement looks, this is definitely the best way to wear prints for you.
- Pick a theme – sometimes, the best way to choose the prints you’ll be wearing for the day is to pick a theme that you would like to sport for your overall look. Are you going for a classic look? Incorporate prints like stripes or polka dots to your look. For a more fun, hip, and trendy look, caricatured version of stuff does well. Florals and tropical prints, on the other hand, are perfect for chic spring and summer outfits.
- Play with texture – aside from prints, another thing that you can play around with when creating an outfit is the texture and feel of your overall ensemble. Sequined mermaid scale prints, 3d florals, furry animal caricatures – these are just some of the examples of textured prints that you can play around with.
- Pair prints with bright colors – if you’re wearing full but small prints, you can make the look pop even more by pairing up your printed piece with a bright and vibrant color. After all, what could be more summery than a gorgeous statement print and a bold statement color?
- Take animal prints to a whole new level – who says animal prints have to be zebra print and leopard skin all the time? Instead of the usual, why not go for animal caricatures or maybe even cute little critter silhouettes.
- Go graphic – if you find ditsy prints to be a bit too mellow and Boho for your liking, go bolder with graphic prints instead. These are perfect for those who want to make a statement with their looks and also for those who love wearing unique prints.