Denim skirts were the ultimate bottoms of every 90s fashionista. They were hip and trendy at the time and, not very surprisingly, they are gaining popularity once again in the fashion scene. If you were a fashionista even back in the 90s, now is your chance to rekindle your love affair with denim skirts. If you missed the 90s, this is your chance to experience it. Here are some denim skirt outfit ideas that you can get inspiration from if you want to channel your inner 90s babe.
- 90s grunge – if you want to go all out and really channel major 90s vibe, going grunge is the best way to do it. Here’s a grungy look that you can pull off today without totally making it look like you’re stuck in the past.
- Cute and chic – looking for a simple way to wear your denim skirt? Simply pair it up with a chambray shirt and some animal print loafers and you’re good to go. A distressed skirt can make the whole look seem more laid back, but you can opt for a non-distressed skirt if you want to polish the ensemble up a little as well.
- Gorgeous throwback – some people say that fashion in the 90s is cringeworthy, but when you see one this good, you’ll know everyone knew what was up back then. This gorgeous outfit that consists of a scallop-hemmed denim skirt and a knitted stripe sweater is the ultimate throwback look that you’ll want to wear over and over again.
- Simple and basic – it’s really hard to go wrong with a denim skirt but if you want to make sure that you’re on the safe side, why not try something simple and basic like this mid-length denim skirt paired up with a plain black shirt? It’s easy to pull off and is quite versatile as well.
- Turnt up classic – the combination of a black and white striped shirt and a denim skirt has always been a classic that many girls consider as their go-to kind of look. If you’re looking for something quick and easy, this might be a great look for you. To keep it from looking too basic, though, finish the look off with some over the knee boots to give your outfit that oomph.
- Street style so good – street style in a denim skirt never looked so good. The sexy unbuttoned shirt tucked into a distressed denim skirt and finished off with a belt and a pair of statement shoes is the perfect way to turn heads in the busiest crowd.
Here are a few more ideas for you.