Now that we’re gearing up for warmer weather, jackets are going to have to take a break. Of course, there will always be chilly days that will call for them but any other warm and sunny day, you’ll want something lighter that won’t have you breaking a sweat and that’s exactly where vests would perfectly come in. Vests have come such a long way from being a cheeky staple from a TV reporter’s wardrobe to every fashionista’s best friend. Here are a few couple of chic ways to wear a vest.
- Denim – a denim vest is a great investment if you’re looking for a spring / summer staple to add to your wardrobe. Not only is it something that you can easily wear with anything but it’s also something that can really help take your outfit to the next level. Wear it to add layer to a boring look or wear it to dress down something that’s just a little to ritzy for everyday – whatever you choose to wear with it, you’ll surely be able to pull it off.
- With denim – if you don’t feel like wearing a denim vest, though, you can opt for any other kind of vest and wear it with another denim piece instead like a denim shirt or maybe even jeans. It’s a really basic look but it’s also really chic.
- Against something printed – vests usually come in solid colors and if you find that a bit too boring for your liking, you can always give your outfit a more exciting look by wearing your vest against something printed.
- As a pop of color – another chic way to wear a vest, especially this spring, is to wear it as a pop of color. If you’re wearing an outfit with mostly neutral colors in it, you’ll want something to liven up the look and a brightly colored vest is just what you need to get the job done.
- Structured like a tuxedo – tuxedo jackets were a hit among fashion loving girls in fall and winter so why not carry it over to spring and summer with a little bit of a tweak? Structured tuxedo vests are perfect for injecting a business vibe to your look without taking it too far and looking too formal.
- Maxi length – maxi vests are perfect for adding a bit of drama to your look without going overboard. Just throw them on top of any outfit and you have yourself a little bit of a sophisticated flair.