If you’ve always had long hair and you want to do something different with it this year, why not start welcome the new year with a chop? Getting a haircut is not as bad as it sounds as long as you know what to get, what works for you and what doesn’t. There are so many trendy hairstyles right now that you can take inspiration from. In case you don’t know where to look, why not start with your favorite stars? Here are a few celebrity inspired short hairstyles to start the year with.
- Adele – not too short but not too long either; Adele’s recently debuted short hair gained her praises from fans all over the world. In case you’re wondering how you can describe this look to your stylist, you could ask for something just a tad longer than a Lob (long bob). While you’re there, why not get it blow-dried, too, to complete the look. It’s not dramatic or anything but it certainly is perfect if you’ve got a round face like Adele.
- Emma Watson – we all know Emma’s not one to shy away from short ‘dos but the new hairstyle she debuted last December was definitely one that took us by surprise. In a good way, of course. Emma went for a more ladylike cut this time compared to the one she did a few years back and it is absolutely stunning.
- Naomi Campbell – supermodel Naomi Campbell also decided to give her locks some trimming and sported a new hairstyle last November. This time, she went for a layered bob that’s fun, chic and low-maintenance. It’s a great look to copy if you’re someone who’s always on the go with very little time to style your hair.
- Gigi Hadid – looks like Gigi Hadid is headed to a fiercer direction. Just last November, the Victoria’s Secret angel surprised everyone when she had her gorgeous long locks cut into a blunt bob. Gigi is often seen sporting her bob slicked back, making it look very edgy and sophisticated at the same time.
- Dakota Johnson – another style and beauty icon who recently went for the blunt bob is Dakota Johnson. Keeping her signature wispy bangs that give her that innocent vibe, Dakota just opted for a short length and a blunter cut.
- Kate Mara – Kate Mara’s new cut is the perfect complement to her soft, feminine features. Her new ‘do is a punk-y crop that gives her a very cool, slightly tomboyish vibe. It’s a great cut to go for if you, like Mara, have soft features that you want to give more definition to.