Packing light is a struggle that a lot of us women encounter every time we prepare for a long-awaited trip or vacation. Aside from the tempting urge to ring each and every piece from our closets, we also have this nagging urge to bring everything on our vanity and makeup collection as well, no matter how long or short the trip is. If you’re having problems packing a light beauty bag, check out these multitasking makeup products that are perfect for your next summer getaway.
- Lip and cheek tints – a bottle of lip and cheek tint can be a serious lifesaver when you’re on vacation. Just one dab can bring so much color and life to your face, making you look prettier and more radiant. Some of the best ones worth trying are those from Stila, Tarte, and Soap and Glory.
- Brown eyeliner – the blackest black liner is important if you’re a girl who can’t go out without her winged / cat eye but brown liners should have a special place in your makeup bag when you’re packing for a holiday. Brown liner is very versatile. You can use it on its own for a more natural look, you can use it to fill in eyebrows and maybe even do a nose contour for a quick fix and it can also double up as eye shadow for a smoky eye look.
- BB / CC Creams – they’re lightweight and easy to wear, they give you good coverage while also moisturizing your face (some even target skin issues) so what’s not to love about BB and CC creams? Take these with you on vacation for quick and easy touch ups that will have you looking gorgeous all day every day.
- Translucent powder – if you think that small jar of loose translucent powder can easily be replaced with a pack of blotting papers for your holiday, think again! Aside from keeping you shine free, translucent powder can also tone down your makeup, adjust your foundation shade in case it becomes too dark for you after tanning, mattify lipstick, and even act as dry shampoo.
- Contour and highlight sticks – these are currently everywhere and if you’re looking for something to give you that oomph while you’re on vacay, this is the way to go. With a contour and highlight stick, you can pretty much give more definition to your face in an instant.
- Coconut oil – coconut oil is such a miracle worker, it’s something you should always have in your beauty stash, be it on a holiday or at home. You can use your coconut oil as a moisturizer, makeup remover, conditioner, frizz tamer, and many more!