French ladies are some of the most fashionable people in the world. With the number of fashion powerhouses in the country and the standard of chic sophistication that the French have for everything, fashion included, it’s no surprise that French ladies are very good at putting together outfits and looking stylish and chic. If you admire the way French girls dress themselves, make sure you have these basic pieces that every French girl has in her wardrobe.
- Striped tee – stripes are one of the most versatile print patterns / designs in the world and a striped top makes a great go-to top on days when you barely have time to think about what to wear. What’s more is that striped tops have a very French look to them, especially when worn in the white and navy color combo.
- Jeans – another staple in every French girl’s closet is a pair of jeans. This one is something no girl should be without, regardless of whether you’re a fan of French fashion or not. Jeans are comfy and versatile and they’re perfect for everyday looks.
- Trench coat – trench coats never go out of style. Choose a simple style in a neutral color and you have something that you can wear for the rest of your life (or until you decide to get yourself a new one, that is). Trench coats are perfect for dressing up everyday casual looks and for layering on top of fancy evening wear.
- Scarves – when it comes to clothing, French girls opt to keep it simple, timeless and classy. This doesn’t mean, though, that their looks are boring. One way that the French spice up their outfits is through their accessories and scarves are as much of a must have as any other pieces mentioned above because these are the perfect excuse to pop some color to any look.
- Crisp white shirt – whether it’s silk or cotton, a white shirt in your wardrobe is a must. Pair it up with jeans for a classic casual chic look or take it to the next level with a fab maxi skirt for a romantic look that’s perfect for date night.
- Leather jacket – French girls don’t usually get garbed up in overly edgy looks but anytime they wish to inject a bit of edge to their look, they turn to a leather jacket to get the job done. This is why a leather jacket is a must have if you want to dress like the French ladies.