With Hillary Clinton bringing them back to the spotlight, we’re obsessing over pantsuits once more. Stylish, sophisticated, and surprisingly easy to pull off, there’s really no reason not to see why women of style are in love with pantsuits. You may be thinking there’s no place for pantsuits in your wardrobe unless you’re an office worker — wrong! You can wear a pantsuit and look like a boss in the office or out. Check out these ideas on how to pull them off.
- Try a monochromatic look – a lot of women are afraid of doing a monochromatic look, but it’s really no big deal. I mean, how difficult can it be to pull off a single color from head to toe, right? If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to pull off pantsuits, why not try creating a monochromatic look? Be sure to accessorize in contrasting colors to keep your outfit from looking boring.
- Mix and match – now, if you’re not the kind of gal to settle on just one color for the day’s outfit, you can always try mixing and matching pieces from different pantsuit sets into a single look. This is a great styling trick to use if you want to dress down your pantsuits and wear it for a street style kind of look.
- Try it with prints and patterns – another way to dress down a rather corporate look when you have pantsuits on is to wear printed ones or ones that feature cool patterns. Having these on your pantsuits is guaranteed to make them look cooler and so much more appropriate for everyday casual and street style ensembles.
- Look for interesting styles and cuts – if you think that pantsuits are a little too restrained for your liking, you can give it more of that loosened up vibe by choosing pieces with interesting styles and cuts to go along with it. Instead of full blown trousers, for example, pick a pantsuit set that has cropped pants.
- Wear it with street style staples – what do you do when you want to wear pantsuits but don’t want to look like you’re on your way to the office? Well a lot, really, but perhaps the easiest one is to simple incorporate a few pieces into your pantsuit look that have a strong street style vibe. Pantsuits with sneakers are great for everyday outfits and band shirts make great inner shirts for pantsuit sets with open blazers. Come up with your own combo and see what works for you.