Jeans are quintessential to any wardrobe and while we all love the fact that they’re so versatile, it’s definitely not a secret that they can be a little tricky to pull off when you’re aiming for a look that’s more on the dressy side. You see, jeans have a very casual, laidback look to them and some looks call for something tighter and smarter looking. Here are a few ways to make jeans work for all occasions.
- Rugged street style – need to conjure up a chic but rough and rugged street style look? Opt for a pair of distressed pants and pair them up with a graphic tee or a really cool and edgy top and decide whether you want to lean more towards the rugged side with some sneakers or the chic side with cute heels or sandals.
- Smart casual – when you want to dress down but don’t want to go totally casual, a smart casual look is perfect. These kinds of looks are great for dress down days at the office and you can achieve the look by wearing classic jeans and dressy top or a button up shirt topped with a blazer.
- Night out – going on a night out with your friends? If you’re not in the mood for your usual nigh out look which consists of mini dresses and high heels, why not opt for super skinny jeans and a sexy top instead?
- Office outfit – unless there’s an actual rule / code that forbids it, jeans aren’t actually prohibited from the workplace but, because they seem rather casual and relaxed, they’re usually reserved for dress down days. For a smart and comfy office outfit, choose a pair of black jeans instead of the regular blue. Black jeans are a lot dressier than regular jeans and are easier to pull off when you want something less casual.
- Formal events – can you wear jeans to formal events? If you’re bold enough to stand out and you’re confident enough to try, you can. Black jeans or white ones are your best bets when it comes to pulling off jeans for formal event. Have your pair altered if you must to give it a smart fit and be sure to add tailored pieces that will give structure to your outfit.
What you wear with your jeans greatly affects the overall look that you will be ending up with so, aside from choosing which jeans to wear, picking out all the other pieces to complete your outfit is important too.