Even if you’re not the type to always make a statement with your outfit, pulling one off during the holidays is always easy. I mean, everyone wants to look festive during this time of the year, right? So wearing something a little bolder, more colorful, or more vibrant won’t be as much of a big deal. If you’ve always wanted to try making a fashion statement, now is the perfect time to do so. Here are a few different ways to make a fashion statement this holiday season.
- Wear sequins – yes, daytime sequins are still a thing, and that makes it so much easier for you to add a bit of sequins to your outfit. If you’re not adventurous enough to sport a fully sequined skirt or sweater, perhaps sequined accents and accessories will be more of your thing.
- Dress outside of the box – there’s nothing wrong with a safe, basic ensemble but when you want to stand out, that’s just not gonna do. Instead of wearing the pieces that you always mix and match together, try creating new looks from the pieces that you already have. Wear a skirt with that top you always wore with leather pants, style that white shirt differently, use your scarf as anything else but a scarf — there are countless ways to dress outside of the box so try it.
- Wear something you don’t usually wear – not a fur-wearing gal? How about you drape some fur on your back for the next holiday party? Your denims might also want to take a break so why not try leather instead? Wearing something that you don’t usually wear is a great way to make a fashion statement and it allows you to discover new looks as well.
- Sport bold colors – yes, it is winter time and wearing neutrals is the way to go, but that doesn’t mean you have to do it every single day ‘til the season changes. If you’re ever feeling a little bored by all the neutral colors going on around you, why not sport some bold hues that will make a refreshing surprise for the eyes?
- It’s in the shoes – your shoes can make or break your outfit, always remember that. It doesn’t matter if all you have on is a white tee and jeans; if you have the right pair of shoes to complete your look then there’s no need to worry about looking drab.