Sometimes when I look at the outfits on models from magazines or fashion blogs and websites, I can’t help but think how much the total look would go for. Wearing everything designer isn’t something everyone can do, especially for a lot of us who are on a budget. Looking good doesn’t have to always mean spending a ton of cash on a single outfit. Sometimes, it just means going the extra mile to make yourself look more presentable and neat. Here are some tips for making your outfits look expensive.
- HAVE THEM TAILORED – having your clothes tailored to make them fit your perfectly is an inexpensive way to make the pieces look expensive. Even pieces that come from local boutiques and stores can look like custom made designer pieces when they are tailored to fit you like a glove.
- PRESS BEFORE USE – freshly pressed clothes always look nicer and sharper compared to those that have been pressed and have sat in the closet for some time. One really easy (and free!) way to make your outfits look more expensive is to press or iron them before putting them on. It only takes about 5 to 10 minutes to do this and it will give you that polished look all day long.
- WEAR GOLD – you don’t have to adorn yourself with gold from head to toe but having a few gold accessories here and there can really elevate your look and make it classier and more expensive-looking. Keep in mind that your accessories don’t have to be pure gold. It could be a gold-plated statement necklace, for all the world cares, and still make your outfit look like a million bucks as long as you know how to choose the right style and design to go with your outfit.
- WEAR MONOCHROMATIC LOOKS – monochromatic looks are universally flattering and elongating and if that isn’t enough reason to convince you to give them a shot, perhaps the fact that they can make you look like a million bucks will. Monochromatic outfits make it look like you put way more effort in the look than you actually did. It’s very chic and sophisticated and it’s a styling trick that will never go out of style.
- FINISH OFF BY DOING YOUR HAIR AND MAKEUP – when it comes to making your outfit look expensive, beauty matters. Your outfit is sure to look way more elevated when you wear it with your hair done and at least some makeup on your face.