Angelina Jolie is one of the most posh, polish and sophisticated celebrities in Hollywood which is the main reason why many ladies look up to her as a fashion icon. Her style is very minimal and classy and while it’s rather easy to simply copy her look, it’s the way she carries each and every outfit she wears that makes them look exquisite and stylish. If you love her style, check out these tips for dressing like Angelina Jolie.
- GET DECKED OUT IN BLACK – one thing that I’ve noticed about Angelina Jolie’s style is that she opts for black whenever she can, be it on the red carpet or on the streets when she’s out with her kids. Black is a universally flattering color as it can make anyone look skinnier but aside from that, it also has that chic and sophisticated air to it that Angelina Jolie wears so well.
- OR SOME OTHER NEUTRAL COLOR – Angelina Jolie doesn’t seem to be a fan of bright and vivid colors, at least not for her outfits. You will often see the superstar wearing neutral colors in various shades.
- DON’T BE AFRAID TO SHOW A BIT OF SKIN – Angelina Jolie’s looks are always classy and never trashy, even if she shows some skin. The secret to pulling this off is to make sure that you don’t overdo it. Looking at pictures of Angelina’s outfits, you will notice that there’s almost always a sliver of skin but this is shown in subtle ways like a cutout detail at the back, an off shoulder neckline or a thigh-high slit.
- OPT FOR MINIMALISM – seldom would you see Angelina Jolie wearing lots of accessories. Most of the time, she wears only a pair of earrings with a dainty necklace and/or bracelet. Even her choice of bags and shoes are very minimal. She often goes for bags and shoes with very minimal hardware. If you look closely, you will notice that even Angelina Jolie’s makeup is almost always minimal too.
- INVEST IN THE CLASSICS – building a wardrobe like that of Angelina Jolie’s can be easy if you know what to put in there. For starters, a good amount of the classics is a must. As you go, you can add more stylish pieces including pantsuits and leather items. Getting stocked up with the basics and the classics makes it easier for you to mix and match. They also make great anchors for your trendier pieces.