Just because summer is coming to a halt does not mean you should start stashing everything from your summer wardrobe away already. There are some pieces that, when paired with different things or styled differently, can be used all year long or at least help you transition from one season to the next. Whether you’re a fashionista on a budget or you’re just a practical stylista who wants to get good use out of the pieces you bought, reusing pieces from your summer wardrobe for fall is definitely a good way to get the most bang for your buck. Here are 5 summer staples to borrow for fall.
- SILK BLOUSES – they were perfect for summer because they’re nice, light and airy but now that the temps are starting to drop, can you still put these to use? Yes you can, actually. Silk blouses are perfect for light layering during early fall. You can wear these topped off with gorgeous outerwear to create a chic and delicate but also warm and comfy look.
- CROP TOPS – crop tops have been the must have summer piece for quite some time now but if you think these are limited for summer styling, think again! Crop tops are actually great for fall as well. Pair them with high waisted bottoms and add a posh blazer on top for an easy day to night look or wear one as it is and accessorize with fall staples like an oversized scarf or anything else to add warmth to your look.
- OVERALLS – overalls were big back in summer but why stop there? For fall, you can wear your overalls with a light turtleneck top for a 90s inspired look or with the classic striped shirt for a simple and effortless everyday look.
- BRIGHT AND COLORFUL PIECES – sure, fall is all about deep, dark and rich hues and neutral tones but on days when you want a quick outfit pick-me-up, those bright and colorful pieces from summer are definitely going to come in handy. These are great for adding a vibrant dash of color to any fall or winter look.
- SHORTS – just because it’s time to bundle up doesn’t mean you can’t wear shorts anymore. Shorts make great go-to pieces for everyday outfits. Just wear tights underneath for extra warmth if you feel like your legs need a little help in getting cozy and comfy while outdoors on a cold fall or winter day.