It’s a new year and that means it’s time to level up your style game once again; but how exactly do you do that? Do you need a major wardrobe overhaul? Or perhaps a new style that’s totally out of your comfort zone? Does upping your style game mean having to buy more expensive fashion brands? These things are definitely not what I mean when I say you have to level up your style game. You don’t need to spend a ton of money just to look great. Here are some styling hacks to keep your looks on point all the time.
- Wear color from head to toe – sometimes, when you wear too much neutrals, your everyday looks become boring so what’s a better way to get away with the boring vibe that to spice up your looks with color? You don’t have to sport a head-to-toe neon look, but just a nice pop of color here and there should do.
- Swap flats with heels – sometimes the smallest details can make the biggest difference in your look. If you’re looking for ways to make your outfit look more posh and polished, swap out your flats with a pair of heels and add in other accessories like a chic bag or some fancy jewelry and see how you can instantly level up your look.
- Make friends with prints – wearing solid colors is a great way to build a look that’s posh and sophisticated, but it can also be a recipe for a bland and boring ensemble. To make your outfits more fun and fabulous, wear prints and patterns. Start with safe and subtle prints like stripes, florals or even polka dots and work your way to more fun and fierce prints later on.
- Show off your shoes – what good are your statement shoes if they’re tucked under that maxi or hidden under those pants? If you want to elevate your look and take it to the next level while wearing statement shoes, be sure to wear something that will show off your shoes. Mini or midi skirts and dresses, cropped pants and capris — these are some of the things you can wear to achieve this.
- Mix and match – breathe new life into old pieces by wearing them with something you’ve never paired them up with before. You know that street style suit you love wearing so much? Take it apart and create a new look with that blazer alone. That dress you always wear with heels might look great with sneakers. Try new combinations and see if you’ll discover a look that you’ll love.