Summer can be a tricky time for ladies who work in an office. You have to find ways to create an outfit that will be both stylish and comfy considering that it’s super hot outside but also super cold inside. If you’re a fashion enthusiast who refuses to surrender to the boring basics, check out these outfit ideas that will keep you cool in the office.
- Opt for removable layers – adding layers to any outfit is a surefire way to get a more chic and more stylish look but sometimes, layers can add warmth to your outfit thus making it uncomfortable to layer up on a warm summer day. If you’re creating a look for the office, though, layering is easy. Just opt for removable layers like blazers and jackets that will keep you nice and snug while inside your air-conditioned den then, once you’re outside, simply remove them to keep cool in the warm outdoors.
- Wear light fabrics – cotton is the best fabric to wear on a hot day but other light fabrics like chiffon, chambray, and jersey work nicely as well. When shopping for pieces to wear to the office on a hot summer day, remember to pick pieces made of light fabric to help keep your cool.
- Slip into one-piece wonders – if you want to look stylish while also keeping yourself cool in the office, take the minimalistic route and go for one-piece wonders like dresses, jumpsuits, overalls, or even rompers. These throw-and-go kinds of outfits are perfect for those who can’t handle layers when the temps are up.
- Choose light colors – we all love a good black piece to wear to the office since black is universally flattering and it has a very fierce effect that brings out that girl boss vibe but during the summer, try not to wear black and opt for lighter colors instead. There are a ton of lighter colors, neutrals included, that can give you the same vibe and they will help keep you cool, too.
- Loosen up in loose clothing – well-fitting clothes don’t always have to be tight. There are certain styles and pieces that are meant to be worn loose like culottes, boxy tops, oversized vests and cardigans and these same pieces are perfect for the office, too, so if you’re looking for a way to keep your cool in the office and out on a hot summer day, ditch your tight fitting clothes and go for loose ones instead.