Denims have always been a perennial must have in everyone’s closets, especially women, it’s so easy to have so many that’s sitting unused at the back of our closets. While old and worn in denims have a very comfy feel to them, there’s just something about crisp new ones that make us feel so lavish. Deciding on what denims to get can be a little overwhelming just because there’s so much to choose from when it comes to rise, wash, style and cut. If you plan on buying yourself a few new pairs of denims this season, check out these must have denims for fall.
- Denim overalls – overalls are one of the hottest denim trends to emerge this year and it looks like they’ll be reaching the height of their popularity this fall. Overalls, also called by others as dungarees, are perfect for fall because you can wear a sweater underneath them and be warm all day long. It’s also the perfect denim piece to reach for if you want to channel out the 90s kid in you.
- Patchwork denim – whether you wear them on your jeans, a denim jacket, shorts, or maybe a denim coat, you know you’ll never go wrong with patchwork denim. And with Katy Perry wearing a patchwork denim dress at this year’s VMA, I’m pretty sure any brave and bold fashionista out there will want to try this trend. Patchwork denim adds interesting texture and detail to a plain outfit, too, so choose it over regular denims on days when you want to add a bit more of that interesting vibe to your look.
- Paint-splattered denim – paint splattered pants are perfect if you want to achieve a more fun, easy-going and casual / street style look. You can definitely buy these but if you have old pairs that you haven’t used in a long while, why not try DIYing them instead to save some serious cash? Here’s an in depth tutorial on how you can make your own paint-splattered denim. The tutorial uses black and white paint on light wash denim but feel free to use any kind of denims you want as well as the colors you will be splattering on them.
- White denim – forget about wearing white only on Labor Day. That fashion ‘rule’ has been scrapped and broken over and over again with each time proving that white should definitely be worn even when it’s not Labor Day. Or summer. White denim makes for great fall denim bottoms. It adds that much needed lightness to conventionally dark fall hues.
- Fit and flare – for all the petite ladies out there, make sure you get your hands on a pair of these denim must haves for fall: the fit and flare. Fit and flare denims can give you the illusion of being tall when done right and for this to happen, your denims should hit the ground just right. You can also maximize the elongating effect by sticking to dark wash denims. Not convinced? Just take a look at Rachel Zoe’s denims and you’ll see the fit and flare in action.