Fall weddings, in my opinion are the best. They have a rustic, romantic feel to them that just adds so much more to an already magical event. Fall brides are so lucky because they get to be creative with their wedding dress style just a little bit more than any other bride and fall wedding guests can enjoy that perk, too. Here are 5 ideas on what to wear to every fall wedding if you have been invited as a guest.
- CASUAL BACKYARD WEDDING – casual backyard weddings in fall are so lovely and they’re the perfect venue to wear something cute and laidback which is exactly what you want for fall in general. For a casual backyard wedding, I would suggest wearing a dressy sweater paired up with a tulle skirt. Dress it up with heels and one piece of statement jewelry and you’re good to go.
- INDOOR CHURCH WEDDING – indoor church weddings call for more formal and polished looks so a sheath dress topped off with your choice of outerwear would make a great outfit. Any other dress that you can wear underneath a coat or a jacket, really, would do. To keep your legs warm, it helps to wear stockings, especially when boots are not an option.
- FUN EVENING WEDDING – if you’re headed to an evening wedding with lots of fun partying and dancing expected after the ceremony, you might as well dress for it. One easy outfit that you can slip into that will take you from ceremony to party in a jiffy and in style is a jumpsuit. If you’ve got a gorgeous coat or jacket you want to wear, you can opt for any jumpsuit. Otherwise and if you want to wear something really simple and easy, a long sleeved one would be perfect.
- ROMANTIC GARDEN WEDDING – I find floral anything is best for romantic garden weddings, be it for winter, spring, summer or fall. If you think wearing floral prints during the fall time is ridiculous, think again! Many style stars have proven that floral prints actually work for any season as long as you style them right and pick the right floral design and color. Oh, and for that fall garden wedding, how about a floral maxi?
- BLACK TIE POSH – whether it’s a wedding at a posh hotel or one at a fancy restaurant, you know you need to bring your game on when you see the words ‘black tie’ on the dress code part of the invitation and what better outfit to wear to weddings like these than your trusty ol’ LBD. Top it up with a fur coat or fur shrug to give it that extra lux vibe or with a trench coat to add a classic sophisticated twist to it.