Having short nails can be frustrating at times, especially when you see all your friends with long nails getting their nail art designs done and they all look so beautiful. I personally can’t grow my nails because I’m a nail-biter and no matter what I do, I just catch myself (unconsciously) biting on them so I have always had short nails. Thankfully, with the help of Pinterest and Youtube, I’ve found quite a number of fun nail designs that look fabulous on short nails. If you have short nails as well, check out these artsy short nail designs for the season.
- Snowman nails – snowmen are round and chubby which is why they’re perfect for short nails. What’s more is that they’re super easy to make because all you need to do is create little dots on your nails and then add the details and you’re done!
- Christmas ball nails – another really easy but festive nail art design that you can do with short nails are cute little Christmas balls. Use glitter if you can for an even more festive vibe. Creating the perfect circle can be a challenge so use a dotting tool or a stencil to help you achieve a nice, round shape.
- Winter Wonderland – got a dotting nail art tool? Grab your base nail polish color of choice, a bottle of white nail polish and dot away to create your mini Winter Wonderland on your hands. This is a great nail design for short nails if you want something simple and easy but still has that nice holiday touch. To make it even more wintery, add a snowflake or two to your nail design.
- Holiday stripes – stripes are easy to make, even without special tools. You can either do it freehand if you got steady hands or use tape as your guide if you don’t. Red and green stripes are obvious color combos that you can rock for the holidays. If you want something a little subtler, red and white candy cane stripes are cute too. You can also use gold or silver polish to add a more festive fell to your nails.
- Glitter glam – if you’re looking for the quickest, easiest way to give your nails a festive look without visiting the nail salon / nail bar, just paint on some glitter polish to your nails and you should be good to go. If you’re feeling a little artsy, go ahead and do an ombre effect.