Bags for summer should not only be cute and pretty, they should be functional as well because we all know that summers are always full of activities that keep our hands full. As a fashionista, you’ll want a summer bag that will make you look good and keep all of your essentials and more for you as well. If you’re a bag junkie, chances are that you already have a ton of bags sitting in your closet that’s just waiting to get used and you don’t even need to buy a new one because you already have some to get out and use but if you’re someone who doesn’t really have a lot, then you probably still have space for new ones in your summer wardrobe. Check out these gorgeous must have summer bags you can add to your summer wardrobe.
- Carry all bag – on days when your day is packed with trips and activities, you will need a strong, sturdy and chic carry all bag to haul all of your essentials. When choosing a carry all bag, make sure that it’s the right size. You’ll want something roomy enough to fit everything you’ll be taking with you but not too big that you’d have to fish for stuff when you need them. Woven / straw and clear plastic (PVC) carry all bags are really cute and summery but if you’re looking for something that you can take into fall, try going for canvass / leather.
- Cross body bags – music festivals are one of the best things to experience during summer so make sure you have both of your hands free to cheer your favorite band on! A cross body bag that’s big enough to carry your phone, cash, cards and keys is a must have for events like these. You can also wear your cross body bags when you go shopping so you can have your hands free to go through racks and shelves.
- Belt bag – belt bags are another way to free your hands while enjoying a nice summer day. They may remind you of fanny packs back from the 80s but today’s belt bags are more modern, super chic, sleek and cute. Leather belt bags make a kickass statement when worn with street style outfits but if you want to do a fashion throwback, go for the studded ones to get that punk rock vintage vibe.
- Structured handbag – a structured handbag like a satchel or a shoulder bag is perfect if you’re looking for something to go with your everyday summer looks. Handbags from this summer’s hottest designers like Kate Spade and Coach are perfect for adding that pop of color to a rather strict and formal office attire. You can also use these anytime you want to do a bit of power dressing without going for the full look and keeping the whole outfit fun and chic.
- Statement clutch – of course, your summer wardrobe is never complete with pieces that you can wear to special occasions you’re bound to this summer like weddings, graduation parties and whatnot. For these events, having a statement clutch that catches the eye is really handy. It lets you don the simplest dress without looking boring or plain at all.