Maxi skirts are one of the most universally flattering pieces of clothing a woman could have. It’s super easy to rock one no matter what the season is but we all love how a nice, light and flowy maxi skirt feels like in the summer. If you’re planning on stocking up, check out these chic maxi skirt styles that you’ll love to wear this summer.
- Plain – nothing beat a plain maxi skirt when you’re going for a chic and simple look. Just pair it up with a tank top or a tee and you’ll be good to go. If you plan on dressing it up, though, all you really need is a next level top to pair it up with and you have yourself a nicely balanced statement look.
- Pleated maxi skirt – if you’re looking to add volume to your lower half, a pleated maxi skirt is something that you can wear. Choose between micro pleats for a really nice, textured and voluminous look or go for big pleats for something that will create a flared out effect on your skirt.
- Full skirt – for a dressier summertime look, you can also opt for a full maxi skirt. Full maxi skirts are perfect for formal and evening summer looks. You can pair them up with dressy tops and sexy heels to complete your ensemble.
- High-low – going for a dressy look but don’t want it to look too formal like a full maxi skirt would? Try going for a high-low maxi to get the perfect combination of dressy and trendy, classic and contemporary.
- Tulle – love doing dreamy, whimsical looks? Make sure you have a tulle maxi skirt in your closet this summer to achieve the most romantic, most magical look that you can create for the season.
- Maxi skirts with slits – for those who love showing a bit of skin to cool down on a hot summer day, a maxi skirt with a sexy slit is what you need. Go bold with a front slit or subtly seductive with a long side slit. If you want something really risky, go for slits on both sides!
- Printed maxi skirt – if you want to add a nice splash of color to your look, go ahead and slip into a printed maxi skirt. Choose a summer print that’s bright and vibrant like florals or paisley or go for classic neutrals like stripes, it’s all up to the look that you are going for.
Here are a few more maxi skirt styles you’ll love for summer.
- Floral maxi skirt
- Denim maxi skirt
- Ruffle-embellished maxi skirt
- Pencil cut maxi skirt
- Wrap around maxi skirt
- Fringe maxi skirt